School Excursions - PackagesLearning the old-fashioned way
School Excursions & Vacation Care Packages
Package One - Unguided Castle Tour and Treasure Hunt
- 1.5 hours on site (including 30 min break)
- All ages
- All sizes
- $9 per Child
This package offers an affordable and easy way for you and your students to visit the castle.
On arrival, you will be greeted by a staff member in costume. Outstanding payments and Risk assessment forms will be collected.
The students shall then be put into teams and given our treasure hunt, where they must find the clues hidden throughout the Castle. Students who complete the treasure hunt correctly are rewarded with a treasure from the King’s Treasure Chest, which consists of a lolly or small toy.
Teachers and adults take full responsibility for the safety and well being of all students whilst they are in the Castle grounds.
Package Two - Sir Justyn Junior Jousting, Archery & Medieval Workshop
- 2.5 hours on site (including 30 min break)
- 6 yrs +
- Minimum 15 Children
- $22 per Child
Sir Justyn & his team are dedicated performers, reenactors & educators. There are many types of displays & show formats that Sir Justyn uses for various engagements. Combat displays are popular & can range in levels of intensity from fun or mild to frighteningly realistic. Sir Justyn brings History to Life!
Components of his school workshops can include
- Educational Medieval Life /Armoury Display & Talk
- Squire School
- Archery and Junior Jousting Activities
- Combat display (if numbers require 2 reenactors only)
- Self guided tour and treasure hunt (with your own active supervisors)
1. Lunch Bags $6.50 (Can be mixed for your group as long as final orders are in at least 5 days prior to arrival)
- Maidens combo – wholemeal ham’n’cheese sandwich, biscuit, apple and juice popper
- Dragontail combo – hot dog and fries + juice popper
- Knights combo – chickenbreast nuggets + fries + juice popper
2. Peasants feast $8.50 (ordered per group)
- Bratwurst/knackwurst sausages + fresh bread + apple + magic potion and water
3. Mini Medieval Feast $12 (ordered per group)
- Chicken drumettes, bratwurst sausages, potato wedges, vegetable & fruit platter, magic potion and water
Superviser / Teacher Requirements
Please note, it is a requirement that for each group of 8 children (5 for under 6) there is at least 1 adult to accompany them through the Castle and actively supervise their groups.
Teachers and adults take full responsibility for the safety and well being of all students whilst they are in the Castle grounds. Active Supervisers are required to sign an active supervision form.
Supervisory adults and teachers (as per quota) may enter for free (only additional food will be charged).
Extra adults are able to enter at kids prices when part of your group.
- Circus school activities from $120 per 30 minutes ($200 for 1 hour) (Maximum participants 25-30) – ET Circus
- Fairy Fun – from $120 per 30 minutes ($200 for 1 hour)
- Junior Jousting or Archery $120 per 30 minutes ($200 for 1 hour)
- Balloon Magic Show $350 – 40 Minutes
Vacation Care Groups
Due to the high volume of visitors during school holidays – special arrangements may need to be made for larger groups and their bags – where they can sit etc. One of our staff will assist you in finding the best solutions on the day.
Book your Shool Excursion
In June 2016, the Year 8 German students from our school, Burnett State College, visited the Sunshine Castle at Bli Bli. We found it a very good experience.
Firstly the Castle structure itself is quite unique, with its tower, dungeon and banquet hall, and the decorations, displays, and costumes gave a great atmosphere. This helped our students understand better the medieval times we had studied in our history unit. We found the staff at the Castle made it easy for us to organise our excursion before we came. They replied promptly, supplied requested information such as programs and risk assessments as requested, and made a great effort to accommodate our particular requirements and interests.
On the day, the staff catered to our needs, the meal was well-prepared and attractively served, and the program was well organised. The activities of jousting and archery were conducted safely and smoothly, and the staff interacted with the students effectively. The staff were business-like and efficient with accounts, and the cost was reasonable. We were very happy with our excursion to the Sunshine Castle at Bli Bli, and would recommend it to others.
LOTE German Teacher, Burnett State College