Opening Hours & AdmissionWe are looking forward to welcome you!
For commemorative purposes we are closed on ANZAC Day.
Due to a private function the castle closes at 2pm on 26th May. We apologize for any inconveniences.
|During School Term Mondays closed, all other Days:||9:30am – 3:30pm|
|During All Queensland School Holidays, Public Holidays and Weekends:||9:30am – 4:30pm|
Occasionally we close a early to accommodate private functions and special events (ie last entry around 3.15pm) for the public to enable a wedding ceremony to take place in privacy this will be announced on the Sunshine Castle Facebook
Other foreseen changes to opening hours will always be announced on Facebook where possible
from the 1st of January 2017
|Children(3 to 15years)||12$|
|Family 3 (2 Adults 1 Child)||38$|
|Family 4 (2 Adults 2 Children)||48$|
|Family 5 (2 Adults 3 Children)||55$|
|Family 6 (2 Adults 4 Children)||62$|
NOTE: Limited Wheelchair and Pram access due to stairs. Upper levels can only be accessed via stairs.
No admission charge applies to: the Castle Cafe and the Absolut Toys Outlet & Castle Gift Shop
Seniors and Students must provide appropriate identification.
Children need a supervising, paying adult to go on the self-guided castle tour.
Half price entry for wheelchairs and limited mobility customers
Reductions for groups of 20 or more, only if booked.
Public Holiday Closures
- Christmas Day 25/12
- Boxing Day 26/12
- For commemorative purposes on ANZAC Day 25/04
- Open late on New Years Day – from 10.30am.
Other Venue Features
- Ample car parking
- Disabled facilities
- Limited Wheelchair and Pram access due to stairs
- Purchase our Annual Pass and receive unlimited entry for 12 months
- An Annual Pass costs you double the normal entry for your family
Annual Pass Terms and Conditions:
- Adult Passes are valid with photo ID only
- Student and Senior Passes are valid with Student or Seniors Card only
- Children with an Annual Pass always have to be accompanied by an adult
- Passes are not valid for entry during special events or festivals that have a seperate admission charge
- The reissue of a lost card will result in a $5 administration fee
Special Function Areas
Special Function Areas the Castle has to offer:
- The Great Hall (seats 85 for a meal and 110 theatre style)
- The atmospheric courtyard (can cater for 150 as a stand up or 60 as a sit down outdoor venue)
- A fully covered cafe terrace which can seat up to 40 guests
- We can cater for up to 220 guests in a Festival/Bazaar style event.
Liquor Licensing Hours
Liquor Licensing Hours – with private bookings only.
The Sunshine Castle is fully licensed and has a permanent bar set up at the Café counter – satellite bars can be set up on request.
|Sunday – Thursday||10am-10pm|
|Friday & Saturday||10am – 12am|